Saturday, January 3, 2015

Mason Jar Terrariums



Mason Jar Terrariums

Have I mentioned lately that I absolutely loveeee Mason Jars? :)))))))))) Especially blue ones. :)))))) I've made a variation of the terrariums above each summer when I go on vacation to the beach. I can't wait to go to the beach in the summer again and work on making these.  I definitely want to make some blue ones. :))))) I love tucking these around my home as I feel like it brings a bit of the outdoors back inside. :)))))  In winter they are amazing to try to keep a reminder of summer. :)))

The first thing you need to do is decide what type of container you want to use. You can use a mason jar or virtually any other glass container, fish bowls, vases etc all work great. This is a great project to use recycled jars on too. :)))))

The first layer you want to be little stones, pebbles, glass etc. Something that will allow for the water to go somewhere besides just saturating the soil and your plant if there is too much of it in your terrarium. It looks really pretty too. :)))) I am going to use sea glass on mine.

It's good to lay a light layer of charcoal over the stones. It can get messy when you add it, but it will help to keep your terrarium healthy and free of fungus.

You can usually use potting soil for the soil, however depending on what type of plants you use you may need to do something a little different. I am going to look for plants in beach sand when I go out there as I want to use beach sand in my terrarium. :)))

Once you've added the soil you can add your plants to your terrarium. :)) Make sure to water them well after you set them in there.

The last step is to decorate. You can add things like moss, little statues, sticks, etc, whatever you like to make it pretty. I will be looking for some shells for mine. :)))))))

Have fun with it!

Much Love and Many Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

Put A Little Magick in Your Day!
Premium edition includes daily magickal correspondences, quotes, affirmations, tarot card, spell , and an article teaching you more about your path. :))) 

http://www.wiccanmoonsong.com/Moonsong-Daily-Magick.html







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.