Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pick a Road



Pick a Road

Merry Meet :)))))) One of my favorite things to do with my little ones and even on my own in my free time is an exploring game called "Pick a road."

So you're probably wondering what "pick a road" is lol :)))) My children and I love to go exploring and to find new places. Our goal is to get "lost" and have the GPS find our way home for us. Each time we come to an intersection the kids take turns choosing which way to go and we see where we wind up. :)))))) It always leads us somewhere new and we have an amazing time. :)))

These photos are of a trip that I took with my son in the fall. :))))) We found a completely new area that was only about a half hour from my home. :))))) As we were driving along through the mountains past the most gorgeous reservoir a sign caught my eye. "Falls Brook Trail" in Hartland CT. I pulled over and we hopped out of the car to go exploring assuming that a name like Falls Brook had some waterfalls.




There were little blue marks on each of the trees to mark the course which my son loved.  You can see the mark on the tree in the pic above.   He was looking into the woods and each time he found a mark he's go running off towards it.  It was like a scavenger hunt. :))))

The trail was just gorgeous and I had all I could do to keep up with Cole as he was climbing up rocks and trees that had fallen along the way.  The woods are better than a playground for my little ones.  They've spent a lot of time in the woods so they adore it. :)))) Water and rocks ;) lol




The majority of the trail was next to a beautiful stream with lots of little waterfalls along the way. It's definitely someplace I would like to go back to at a later date and take our time with it. :)))) On this trip though I had all I could do to keep up with Cole as he was scampering through the woods. He is definitely right at home in the forest. lol




The pictures really don't do it justice, but there were a few places where water was running down the mountain in waterfalls to meet the stream below. I loved watching Cole navigate across them perfectly balanced and eager to see what was up ahead. I had mentioned I thought there was a waterfall and he was looking for a huge one, convinced that he would find it for Mommy. lol :)))))




He was right. :))) I have no clue how long the trail was I would guess it about a mile to a mile and a half each way. It's really hard to see in this picture, but this waterfall is about 5 times the size of me high. :))))) We heard the water rushing long before we got there. :))))




This picture is a bit closer. :))) It was gorgeous!!! We would've made our way down to the bottom of it, but the leaves were still a bit slippery and I didn't want to take a chance. Overprotective Mommy lol :))) I definitely want to go back some day though. :))))))

It just goes to show what you can find when you venture out exploring. :)))))))

Much Love and Many Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

Put A Little Magick in Your Day!
Premium edition includes daily magickal correspondences, quotes, affirmations, tarot card, spell , and an article teaching you more about your path. :))) 

http://www.wiccanmoonsong.com/Moonsong-Daily-Magick.html

1 comment:

  1. I do this all the time with my grandchildren and the places we end up are so beautiful and peaceful . We talk about it how we felt being there what we heard

    .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.