Monday, March 23, 2015

The Herb That I Will Never Go Without Again




The Herb That I Will Never Go Without Again

Last night I went out to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. It's a Japanese Hibachi Restaurant in the center of my town. For those of you who may not know, a Hibachi is a traditional Japanese grill. Where I live, we call the Japanese restaurants with these grill Hibachi restaurants. I'm not sure if it's the same all around the world? The food is out of this world. I always get the chicken. The dinner comes with a salad with this amazing ginger dressing, or soup. Then the chef cooks the noodles, rice, veggies, and meat of your choice on the grill in front of you. They always do all these tricks and it's quite the thing to watch.  The picture above is of the restaurant :)))

So why in the world am I telling you all this? Well one of the reasons I love this restaurant is that the food always sits amazingly well with me. I have a super sensitive stomach and it's a toss up when I eat out anywhere how I'm going to make it through the night. A lot of food upsets my tum. However I always come out of this restaurant feeling absolutely amazing, and super relaxed. A couple of years ago I figured out why. :))) Want to know their secret? :))))

Ginger

Ginger is in absolutely everything they make. I mean everything.

I have learned to incorporate Ginger into so many areas of my life, teas, salad dressings, marinades for my chicken... :))) It's amazing and it always helps to settle my tum. :)))

Most of us are probably most familiar with using ginger to help our tums. Ginger ale is amazing for an upset stomach. I remember when I delivered my daughter, one of the nurses giving me ginger tea. She used a chamomile tea bag, half water, and half ginger ale in a cup, and microwaved it. It was absolutely amazing. The active ingredient in it gingerol helps break down proteins in the digestive area to help eliminate gas, and helps to facilitate the digestion of fatty foods. To this day that is my go to remedy whenever my stomach is having issues.

Today you can find it pretty much anywhere in teas. I grabbed one from the grocery store today, and also a little container of crystallized ginger. It's definitely a taste to get acclimated to. However, it does amazing things. So not only is it great for gas, acid reflux, tummy aches, morning sickness, nauseau, and any other digestive orders, did you know it has many other uses too? Ginger is on the list of herbs to help fight heart disease. It can also be used to help lower Cholesterol.

I was actually going through the benefits of ginger last night, and I was floored by how many were listed. This is truly a powerhouse herb in my opinion. It's a super powerful anti-inflammatory that helps with literally hundreds of conditions. I even read one study that said it could help slow the onset of Alzheimer's. If you have high blood pressure this is an herb you want to grab as well.

It is super helpful externally too. You can use it on your skin to help with breakouts, to draw toxins out of your skin, and to cleanse your pores. Add it to massage oil for a warming effect and invigorating effect. ;) It's also a very powerful anti-fungal. I know some of you battle with excess yeast like I do from being so sensitive. Ginger can help.

So I mentioned finding it in teas, and the crystallized chews that are now in my cabinet. I also picked up a ginger root supplement. Yep, I'm that convinced by what I have read. Hit up google you will see what I mean. :)))) You can also find it in salad dressings, sodas, cookies, the list goes on and on and on. So you want to start increasing your usage of it wherever you can, as it will help with pretty much anything that ails you. :)

I will be honest, I've not yet grabbed the root at the grocery store, however it's on my list this week! From what I'm reading we are looking for roots that have firm skin, no mold, and minimal twists. Remove the skin from the ginger and you can slice it up and apply it directly to your skin. Rub the pieces on your skin to get the oil on your skin. You can mince it and add it to your bath as well, or use it as a scrub in the shower. For problem areas you can make a tonic by adding an ounce of minced ginger to a cup of boiling water and simmering for about 20 minutes.

Enjoy!

Much Love and Many Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

Put A Little Magick in Your Day!
Premium edition includes daily magickal correspondences, quotes, affirmations, tarot card, spell , and an article teaching you more about your path. :))) 



1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love ginger! I grab a root almost every time I go to the store. I mostly just make tea with it and when my tummy is upset it always helps! Now I know I need to start making more than just tea with it. Thank you Jasmeine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.