Monday, April 20, 2015

Summer Stars




Summer Stars


Merry Meet :)))

With Spring finally here and Summer fast approaching, I am very often found outside somewhere in the woods with my little ones. While my kids love nature, it's always helpful to have something out there to do with them so when I come across articles like the one I'm about to share with you I love it. :))))))

The craft I want to share with you was shared on Happy Hooligans. It's a wonderful blog featuring lots of traditional play and craft ideas for the little ones. I love the simplicity of it. This particular post is how to make star ornaments from wood. I just think they are beautiful. :)))))

Many of you know I have been deeply connected to nature since I was little. When I saw this picture I immediately remembered an old past time of mine that I had long forgotten. I use to always be in the woods or outside, and more often than not just played with whatever nature provided for me. I use to make all sorts of "crafts" utilizing whatever I could find. Funny enough, this was one of them. :))))) I use to use twigs and make them an even length. Sometimes I would whittle them until all the bark was off and the beautiful wood underneath was revealed, others I fancied the bark and just left it as it was. I remember finding extra long grasses in the fields and sitting there for ages fashioning these sticks into stars to decorate whatever "fort" I had on that particular day. The star was the easiest for me to make as it allowed for a lot of weaving which was necessary when trying to hold sticks together with grass, flower stems, etc. lol :)))) Once I had it set, I would tuck little flowers inside of the woven grasses and twigs, daisies have always been a favorite of mine, as well as violets.

This article is a sturdier twist on my childhood memory. :)))) It would also make a perfect decoration Lammas this summer :)))) If you have wheat near you, you can tuck bits of wheat into it. :)))) I do hope you enjoy it. :))))

http://happyhooligans.ca/2013/05/18/summer-twig-ornaments/

Much Love and Many Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

Put A Little Magick in Your Day!
Premium edition includes daily magickal correspondences, quotes, affirmations, tarot card, spell , and an article teaching you more about your path. :))) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.