Monday, June 29, 2015

The Magick of Sunflowers




The Magick of Sunflowers :)))


I just love sunflowers. From the time I was as small as can be, I can remember staring up at these flowers wondering how in the world they got to be so big! :))))))) Today they are still one of my favorites, I can't help but smile every time I see one :)))))) So today I wanted to take a bit of a closer look.

Let's start with the obvious representations. :))) Happiness :)))) As I mentioned early, I don't think there are many people who won't immediately smile when they come upon these bright, majestic flowers looming in front of them. They are also a symbol of strength because of the massive heights this flower can reach. It's not uncommon for me to find myself looking up at them when I find them. Did you know that sunflowers can grow to be anywhere from 2 - 12 feet? I mean 12 feet? Good grief. I have never seen one that tall, but I'm sure people have. But this magnificent height will help you to remember that they are a symbol of strength.

Sunflowers are clearly symbolic of the sun, they are often seen as a symbol of faith as they actively seek out the sun. Being a symbol of the sun they also correspond to life, warmth, and light. :))))) While I am always able to find tributes to the Great Mother, I often find myself struggling with the Great Lord. Just as the Lady corresponds to the Moon, the Lord corresponds to the sun, so if you are looking for a way to honor solar energy, masculine energy, or the Great Lord during magick and rituals they are perfect. They are perfect to use for Lammas as their colors and symbolism of a bountiful harvest correspond perfectly with this Sabbat.

Much Love and Many Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

Put A Little Magick in Your Day!
Premium edition includes daily magickal correspondences, quotes, affirmations, tarot card, spell , and an article teaching you more about your path. :))) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.