Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Doreen Valiente - Witch


Doreen Valiente - Witch

Merry Meet :)))))) I am soooo excited. This came across my inbox this morning and I immediately hit the pre-order button and marked it on my calendar blocking off time to read it, something I don't do all that often. With books I usually wait for it to come out and then check out all the reviews first. So what has me jumping out of my chair?

Doreen Valiente is considered the Mother of Modern Witchcraft. Her contributions to society through her work are absolutely immense. Many of you have probably been exposed to her work by now, if not she is definitely someone that you want to put on your must read list. Even if you've not personally read her books, you likely recognize her work such as the knot spell that I put above for you.

So I am beyond excited that Philip Heselton decided to write a biography on her. :))) Definitely important for the history of witchcraft.

"A personal biographical account of the life of Doreen Valiente, described by Professor Ronald Hutton as "the greatest single female figure in the modern British history of witchcraft". Author Philip Heselton draws on first hand testimony and Doreen's own personal papers to reveal previously unknown details of her life with fascinating and sometimes startling insights. Adding to the still-emerging story of how an underground cult, described by some as Britain's only living indigenous religion, became a worldwide spiritual movement in the course of a few decades. While Gerald Brosseau Gardner is credited with breathing life into modern witchcraft, it was his High Priestess Doreen Valiente who made it truly accessible to the wider world." - from the back of the book

So I know a lot of you love to read and are always looking for new material to study. I would definitely put this book on your list of ones to grab. The kindle edition is only $10.00 to pre-order. You can pre-order in paperback and hardcover editions as well I believe. Here's the page to grab your copy if you are interested. http://amzn.to/1PsIKcV

Have a great day!

Much Love and Many Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.