Friday, March 25, 2016

Facing Down Fears - Allergies

Original Photograph from Joe


Merry Meet :))) How is everyone? :))))

I've been talking in Moonsong Daily Magick a lot about how this is the year for you. :))) It's a year for us to work really hard on taking good care of ourselves and getting closer to our true selves.  This year I promised myself that I would make strides to put my health and wellness first.  As a Mom running a business on my own with two little ones and a family and home to run it's not always easy to make time for me. However I am finding that I am managing to carve out that time ;)

I joined a gym in January and have been going steadily at least 3 - 5 times a week since then.  I absolutely love it there. :)) I come out so relaxed and clear minded it's worth every moment.  There's one class in particular that I really enjoy, a Cyntergy class.  It really helps to keep me grounded.

I am so proud of myself this week and I decided to share my adventures with all of you. :))) I have incredibly bad allergies and I have had them my entire life.  They result in me getting sinus infections a lot which is never a good thing because they require antibiotics to cure.  When I was in my early teens I went for allergy testing and found out that I was allergic to pretty much everything.  If I remember correctly I was not allergic to cows lol :))  Unfortunately when they tried giving me allergy shots they couldn't get the dose low enough for me to not have an allergic reaction.  I wound up having to have an Epi-pen twice to stop the reactions as they were so severe.

This year, about 20 years later, I decided to give it a go again. When I went in for the allergy testing I wasn't too nervous.  I had a pretty good idea of what to expect and wasn't surprised that the panels of allergens that they poked into my back made me swell up with bumps everywhere.  Guess what? I'm allergic to everything. No surprise there.  There was an exception of one type of mold.   So next came what I knew what was needed... allergy shots.

So I'm going to be the first to admit I was terrified.  I apologized for my tears when I went in to get them and let the nurse know that the last time I had had them I had a reaction that made it so I wasn't able to breathe.  An all together terrifying experience.  My mission was to sit still and try it again.  I did it!  :)))) Modern medicine has come far enough that I did not have a reaction either.  So now I am over the moon excited.  I faced down a fear that I had and the result of doing so is going to have a huge impact on my life.  I might be able to sit in grass again without breaking out.  I live with a ton of animals, 5 cats a dog and 2 birds so this will help with that as well.  I'm apparently allergic to birds as well! lol :)))

I do use several natural remedies to help with my allergies and they have honestly been a huge reason why I've done so well over the years.  I am excited to see how everything works out with the shots and the meds they have me on.  The asthma I've been experiencing from it is already gone. :))))  It's amazing what's available out there.  :)))) It will be nice to walk through life without sneezing lol :))))

I hope you have a magickal day today! :)))

Much Love and Many Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.