Saturday, August 20, 2016

Fulfilled a Dream - Part 2

Fulfilled a Dream
Merry Meet :))))) The other day I told you a bit about my vacation last week and told you how I fulfilled a lifelong dream of mine to travel Route 1 along the entire coast of Maine.  Today I promised to continue with some pictures of places I found along my journey. :))))

I was telling you about the town of Lubec that was on the border where we were. :)) The town was actually quite quiet? You can tell that it use to be some place that was likely popular at one time.  What baffled me the most was the completely abandoned buildings on the United Staes side as soon as you came over the bridge.  You can see them in the picture below.  As cool as I personally think they are and intriguing, I'm rather surprised that they are the first thing you see when you come across the border from Canada?  Still I love old buildings and history. :)))))  That's Earl and my little blue car. :))))



This next building is in the same town.  Abandoned again.  Isn't it neat though? We were curious about what use to be there and how people would get into it, maybe a pier that's no longer there?  The buildings behind it are abandoned as well I believe.



This is the West Quoddy Head Lighthouse in Lubec.  It's gorgeous! :))) It's so pretty in Lubec.  For as quiet as it is I definitely want to go back.  It's just so pretty there. :)))



This lighthouse is located at the Easternmost Point in the US.  Something we thought was great was when our phones went an hour ahead of our car.  At one point in our drive he was an hour ahead and I was one behind him so we must've been riding right along the border. :)))



I think this is Boothbay Harbor? I'm not sure! lol :)) I wanted to show it to you though as we spent a good deal of time here climbing over the rocks.  In the distance on the island next to the two tall trees was an Osprey nest that we were watching for awhile.



This is one of my favorite places of the trip.  We went here several times as I just loved watching the sun set from the jetty.  It's Rockport lighthouse.  The jetty is about a half mile each way.  Really neat place to walk. :)))



This is the same lighthouse.  I got this picture on a dock next to it.  I must confess we stood on the dock for quite some time balancing as the wakes from boats coming by rocked the dock.  Surfing New England style. :)))



This next picture is from the top of Owl's Head lighthouse.  The rain didn't stop us! lol :))) it just made this amazing mist over everything that I thought made everything look more mystical. :)))




This is a cove on our walk up to the lighthouse.



So I had to include this place because if you are ever in Bar Harbor you absolutely have to try their pizza! It is quite possibly the best pizza I've ever had in my life.  The place was mobbed, the line was out the door, but we ordered it to go and ate it underneath some beautiful lights down by the harbor.  The best dinner ever. :)))



 I really really wanted to go to Acadia but we weren't able to this trip.  Our hotel was about 3 hours from Acadia and when we made it to Bar Harbor the sun was setting.  The cliff walk in Bar Harbor is amazing though and a definite must if you get there. :)))



This is the Portland Head light.  I have to say this one was rather important personally to me.  I had taken my little ones up there about a year or two before I got divorced.  It was the first time I had ever taken them on a trip by myself and we went to Maine for three days.  This was the farthest North that I had ever gone and I vowed to myself on that day that I would come back there happy one day.  Fast forward a few years and I just stood there with Earl having toured the entire Maine coast knowing how far of a journey I had taken to get there. :))))

The trip was so amazing and I have so many wonderful pictures and memories.  If you get the chance to go I can't recommend it enough.  I think we hit pretty much every major port on the way up there.  We had an amazing time and it's just gorgeous up there. :)))))   Some day I would love to move there.  I would stay south a bit because double the snow scares me I must confess! lol :))))

Have an amazingly magickal day :)))

Much Love and Many Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

P.S.  This is Lenny the Chocolate Moose :))))



 
 "Walk your path with love in your heart, and light surrounding you,
and you will never wander off into the darkness."

 - Jasmeine Moonsong

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are gorgeous! I just moved from this area in Maine to Michigan. I really do miss the ocean. Though lake Michigan shores are almost as beautiful. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.