Monday, October 31, 2016

Childhood Samhain Memories


Childhood Samhain Memories

Merry Meet :))))) Tonight is Samhain and I am sooooooo excited! :)))))) I was looking for a picture to go with a quote and I came across the picture above and it took me back to Halloween as a child in a rush. :)))))))

When I was little Halloween was always my favorite holiday. I loved Christmas as well, but Halloween definitely got me the most excited. I use to write a lot as a child too and can remember writing stories about haunted houses and ghost for hours. :))) Not wicked scary ones, but the type that would be mysterious, adventurous and a wee bit spooky. :)))

When I was in first grade, my school use to have a haunted house in the basement of the school. They had two versions of it, scary and not scary. The person at the front of the line got to pick which haunted house we went through. That year I was picked to be at the front of the line. I don't remember much just being absolutely terrified of the basement in the school (my school was super old) and honestly I think I was frightened before I even got to the haunted house part. Of course I said not scary :))) I remember getting made fun of from my classmates. For as much as I loved Halloween, I didn't love being scared. :)))

Ghost stories always fascinated me. Partially because I was seeing spirits so young and while the stories weren't what I was seeing, they were closer than anything else I had seen so I quickly became interested in them. I remember reading every Halloween book I could get my hands on.

I also loved dressing up on Halloween. I can remember waiting for what felt like ages for the sun to set so that I could go out Trick R Treating. :))))) Then I remember walking all night on the crunchy leaves knocking on doors and watching all the other kids in costumes. For me it was the most magickal night of the year. :)))))

To this day it's still my favorite holiday. :))) It goes on for weeks at my house with special dishes and costume making, pumpkins and anything else I can think of to go with Samhain. :)))) We set up our decorations before October even started lol :)))))

So how are you celebrating this year? Are you going out? I will be taking my little ones out Trick or Treating. I can't wait :))))) After that I will do a quiet celebration that night to honor my ancestors after they are tucked in bed. :))))))

Have a magickal day!

Much Love and Many Blessings,

Jasmeine Moonsong

1 comment:

  1. I love the way, once a year, we suspend fear and cynicism and just welcome costumed revelers to our doors, and give them gifts (treats). It has a bit of the flavor of the ancient laws of hospitality.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :))) Love and Blessings, Jasmeine Moonsong

Moonsong Daily Magick - Join Us! Click banner to join.